Ethnic (eth'nik) adj. a) Of or relating to a sizeable group of people sharing a common and distinctive racial, national, religious, linguistic, or cultural heritage.
Counselor (koun'se-lor) n. a) A person who gives counsel; an advisor.
EthnicCounselors.Com™ seeks to actively work to
- Create an online social directory that promotes the provision of high-quality, culturally responsive, and language-appropriate mental health services.
- Help people overcome cultural barriers and stigmas that discourage them from seeking professional help.
- Assist professional counselors in their efforts to make their ultilingual and/or culturally competent services available and accessible to those who seek and need them.
- Encourage the development of cultural competence in all counselors and the expansion of the ranks of professional counselors from under served ethnic, religious, linguistic and racial groups.
- Searchable National Database of licensed clinicians (Social Workers, Psychiatrists, Psychologists, Marriage Counselors, & Licensed Professional Counselors) that permit users to search by race, ethnicity, religion, language, specialty, geographical region, credentials and other variables.
- Customized Groups
- Upcoming Events Postings
- Customizable professional Profiles
- Employment & Professional Practice Related Ads / Classifieds
- Web based links to Practice Related Articles, Resources & Research Information
- Search for an "Ethnic Counselor" near them (Geographic / keyword / Category search)
- Access and Review Individual Counselor / agency Pages (Only Providers Come Up In The Search Results)
- Share resources and information with others
- Identify and locate additional community based professional and self-help resources